Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Word Slut

Dear Readers,
What exactly is the word slut? Does it hurt if it's just a word? And what does it actually mean?
Definition of slut: A dirty, untidy woman
Well if thats it's definition, then why is it such a hurtful word? Why have people made up a different definition of the word?
Modern day definition of slut: A woman who goes looking for sex with whoever she can
So what's the point in changing the definition.
You'd be amazed at how many people use the word and out of it's terms. For instance, a woman could be wearing baggy clothes and get called a slut. A woman may have slept with one guy (that was her boyfriend) and get called a slut. What's the point in making a word if it's going to be mis-used anyway?
Hmmmmmmmmm

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmmmmmm indeed. Hmmmmmmmmm indeed indeed.
    I don't blame anyone for calling me a slut though. I am both definitions. Lol.
    Oh, anyone who doesn't know me... I'm actually not. That was a joke. Not serious. PLEASE BELIEVE ME!
    I prefer the term slag. And half the time it's meant jokingly. Jokes, jokes, jokes...

    ReplyDelete